Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Living in SLC

I have to admit it-- I love living in SLC. It took me awhile to get used to and I missed Provo for a while, but I actually really like living in SLC (except for the being in enemy territory part-- that is getting old). I love living so close to Temple Square. I go down to temple square probably 3 times a week and just sit there. I probably go see the Joseph Smith movie twice a month and I love wandering around the North visitors center. I love doing baptisms in the SLC temple and I love that they recognize me there-- it makes me feel like I belong. Hmmm... I thought I had more reasons than just temple square... apparently not. Oh well, it is enough to make me content up here! Here are some of the pictures from my Monday Temple Square Outing. Monday was absolutely beautiful and the sun was out so I grabbed my textbook and headed down. I found a nice spot of grass to sit on and smell the lilacs and look at the temple and people watch and study. I also got to go to lunch with my awesome roommate at the Nauvoo Cafe in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (which I highly recommend). It was a great morning!







3 comments:

Mom said...

Hard to believe that was just two days ago, and now winter has come back...I WANT SPRING TO STAY!!!!!!!

Heather said...

GORGEOUS pictures, Andrea! Wish I had been there!

Marissa said...

I don't know about SLC... but I do love when I'm recognized at the temple. I love knowing the workers - it makes it feel like home and makes me feel loved. So jealous!