Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quotes

For our Be Someone T-shirts this year we wanted to create a saying of our very own, so the high school and college club presidents came up with this...

Utah Students Healing Smiles 2009. I Changed a Face of the Future.... Will You?


In order to get everyone's creative juices flowing, I looked up inspirational quotes on the internet and came up with quite the list and wanted to share a few of them here.


Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.

One person can make a difference. And believe it or not, that person is you. ~Bob Riley~

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank~

Live simply that others might simply live. ~Elizabeth Seaton~

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~

Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. ~Norman B. Rice~

Service is the rent you pay for your room here on earth. ~Mohammed Ali~

The first question the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?" ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Not only must we be good, but we must also be good for something. ~Henry David Thoreau~ (also President Hinckley)

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back. ~Maya Angelou~

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. ~Betty Reese~

And finally, from the inspired minds of the band Nickelback: Each day is a gift, and not a given right.


If you would like my complete list, let me know.

No comments: