I am begging everyone to stop bugging me about dating. I do not need your advice or prodding. If I do need your advice, I will ask for it. I appreciate the concern, but it is ill-founded concern. I am happy being single. I am really enjoying this time of my life. Yes, my future plans do include marriage, but I am still so young and see no need to rush it. My sole purpose in life right now is not to get married. I am spending my years being single trying to better myself (i.e. developing a rock-solid testimony, developing existing and new talents, developing character traits like patience, love for everyone despite their flaws, etc.). I am meeting a lot of wonderful people and my life is still full, despite the fact that I am single. My goal in life is not just to get married, it is to find the person that I can love for eternity and who makes me want to be a better person and who I can have an excellent marriage with. I don’t want just a good marriage. I want an excellent one, and I am willing to wait for that. I am not looking for someone who is perfect, I am looking for someone who is perfect for me. And just to make this perfectly clear, I go to church to feel the Spirit and feel that renewing energy that is there, NOT TO MEET BOYS!!!
Sincerely,

Andrea



13 comments:
Burtie,
I totally agree with you. So there's this guy I think you should meet..... jk ;)
I think it's totally funny that you have to actually blog about this. While I agree that you shouldn't rush into marriage, there is no one boy that is perfect for you. There are probably several, so I'm sure that sooner or later you'll come across one.
But just so you know, married life is way better than single life. The comparison isn't even close. :)
TAKE THAT! (sorry if i bug you about it....i hope i don't)
But come on.. the stories are hilarious, right?
Kidding - LOVE YOU! and all of your singleness! Here's to the single summer 09 in DC!
I totally agree with Fernando... I'm sorry that people are pushing you into dating and you shouldn't be rushed but dont' be so closed minded and tunnel visioned that you miss out on all the great things and people that surround you! I know that when you are ready you will find someone and its great that you are telling people to back off!
I see my plea has fallen on deaf ears.
whatever...
Closed minded and tunnel visioned? Are you kidding me?
Well, Andrea...I don't recall every telling you that you "need to get married." I'm sure you get this from family and stuff (as did I when I was single). So I don't buy your "fallen on deaf ears" one bit.
I find it a bit strange that your "sole purpose" is to not get married. I think the pendulum has swung too far over to the other extreme. I would suggest something more like "not actively looking for marriage, but if it decides to pop in and say hi, I'm open to the idea."
Everything you've listed can be obtained even after you get married. In fact, some of the traits you develop much quicker as a married person. Things change for sure, but you shouldn't feel like you put on some self-imposed chains as a married person.
P.S. Good for you with regards to Church. I'm glad you're not just checking out the latest meat in the market. :)
P.P.S. Sorry to hear that blogging is no more fun given that some people's comments are in direct contrast to your feelings/posts.
oh dear, i see the need for damage control. Burtie, i totally agree with you. I have been there and thought that it was totally annoying with people making you feel like your life isn't complete b/c you're not married. It is so not true, but for some reason within our church the pressure is on. I know that the last thing you want to hear is married people saying how great married life is. Live it up while you are single, and be crazy. That way, you'll have great memories to look back on. Don't even think about marriage. it will come when its time.
p.s. we are way overdue for a phone convo. We'll see who gets up the nerve first. hehe
As my girl Beyonce said, "All the single ladies!" Okay, so the song isn't really appropriate for the occasion, but I wanted to prove my coolness factor.
And I totally agree with you. I'm also fine being single for the moment, but, like you, not because I don't want to get married. I guess we should take it as a compliment sometimes that our married friends and family members want us to have the thing that makes them happiest in their life.
That being said, you don't just hop on down to Walmart and pick up an E.C. on aisle 22. (Actually, you should probably stay away from Walmart for all intents and purposes.) So you keep working on you! You are fabulous! LOVE YOU!
Diane- Thanks! You are the best! You will definitely be getting a call sometime in this next week! Ferd- I really do appreciate your comment that married life is way better than single life! You've always said how much you love being married to Diane and I love to hear that! My initial comment was not in response to you :)
My husband and I will be celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary this April...I have three incredible children, one terrific son-in-law and an unbelieveable grandson! I have had a great life. Oh, did I mention that I got married one month before my 28th birthday. The Lord has His OWN timetable for each individual...His timetable, not the timetable of other people. Enjoy every single minute of your lives, whether it be as a married individual or as a single. Good things happen to all of us!
Post a Comment