Monday, February 23, 2009

Goals

So every week I set goals in four different categories: Spiritual, Physical, Mental and Social. I think I read a talk once by an apostle that suggested goals in these areas. My goal this week for the physical category is going to be VERY challenging for me: don't push snooze at all in the morning. My snooze pushing habit has become very bad-- I don't just push snooze once or twice. I usually push it for upwards of an hour. Every five minutes. You know that point where you absolutely have to get up or you will be late? I usually wait 15 minutes past that. A lot of the time I don't push snooze consciously. I'm one of those people who has crazy vivid dreams where I wake up even more tired. (There was one semester where I dreamed 3-4 times per week that someone was trying to kill me-- it was always a different person and different circumstances. I spent the entire dream trying to out-run/out-smart/out-maneuver people. Analyze that for me.) Anyway, most of the time my alarm clock just gets incorporated into my dream. But my goal is for this week and this week only to wake up as soon as my alarm goes off. No snoozing at all allowed. If anyone feels like assisting me with my goal, call me at 6 a.m. Utah time every day.

4 comments:

Landon said...

I can call you every morning if you want - that would provide me the motivation to get out of bed. Also, just a suggestion, try putting your alarm clock on the other side of the room - it works for me.

The Hunter Family said...

Good luck with that! I'll try and look for you to come to class on time. I'll also let you know if I see any suspicious people following you around our building. Now I know they might be after you.

Jon said...

Well, maybe this is counter-productive, but I started setting my alarm about fifteen minutes earlier than when I'm supposed to actually get up...I get the satisfaction of hitting the snooze button a couple of times before actually getting up right when I'm supposed to.

Or you could set up a George Foreman grill to start frying bacon just a few minutes before you're supposed to get up--

Fernando said...

I wake up at 6am CST, so that's not gonna work.