Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BYU football junkie

So... uh... this may come as a surprise, but I enjoy following BYU football and staying up to date on what is going on with the team. I thought I might help spread the joy and share some of the websites that are good.


So my favorite website is www.deepshadesofblue.com. The analysis is fantastic and the articles are posted by former players, so they have great insights. The comments section hasn't been invaded yet by people who just want to stir things up and create controversy. If you just have time to read one, this is the best.


The next site you will want to check is www.byucougars.com/football. Official site, has all the press releases from the athletic department and has some fun player stories. It also has player profiles for each player, the schedule, multimedia (check out the wallpapers), etc.


I also like www.cougarblue.com. The site isn't as good as it was a few years ago, but just about everything that happens with BYU football is talked about here. I am just selective in what I read -- there are a lot of postings that are stupid and are just arguing and sharing opinions. But if you check this once a day, you will always be in the loop.


Another recent discovery is www.cougarcorner.com. This site is what cougarblue.com used to be. One of the posters, mcgregor, has some connections with the program and has good insights. He used to post on cougarblue, but left because cougarblue started going downhill.


A popular website is www.cougarboard.com, but I rarely get on it because the format is hard to follow. Usually if something interesting is going on at cougarboard, someone will repost it on cougarblue.


A website that used to be awesome is www.cougarlegion.com. There used to be alot of insider information on this site, but then Bronco asked them to stop sharing it, so now it is mostly just opinion by fans.


Jonny Harline just started a BYU football this year. http://jonnyharline13.blogspot.com/ I think people are still discovering it, so it is just starting to take off. He posts pretty regularly, but his analysis isn't as in depth as on deepshadesofblue.


Greg Wrubell has a blog called cougartracks on ksl.com (http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498). Greg Wrubell is great, so I enjoy this site.


A great video site is www.justanotherdumb.com/byu. There are highlight videos from every game on there.


So the ultimate site is Total Blue Sports (http://byu.scout.com/). This is a subscription website. It has some golden information, and some of it is free but all the good stuff requires a subscription. If you aren't a broke student, then the cost isn't too bad.


An interesting one is Utah Legends. http://www.utahlegends.blogspot.com/ It follows players in the NFL that played college ball in Utah.

Did I miss any?


GO COUGARS!!






5 comments:

Landon said...

I prefer this one or this one.

Heather said...

He DOES think he's funny, doesn't he.....

Andrea said...

It's a good thing I'm coming up there to be a good influence on Dallin.

MOM said...

All this from the girl who did not want to go to BYU! I'm glad you changed your mind...GO COUGARS

Jon said...

Ha, awesome post Andrea. Some of the sites I knew about (and try to visit at least once a week), so it was good hearing that I wasn't the only one :-) Plus, I like some of the other ones you shared (like Harline's blog)