Saturday, November 15, 2008

Memories...

I am super excited to go back down to Baja Mexico for the Kaiizen Christmas trip, and thinking about it reminds me of my memory for today. It comes from my first Kaiizen trip in July of 2007. It was the last day of being in Mexico (Saturday) and we had finished up everything we had planned at the orphanage, so all of the volunteers went to either Ensenada or the beach. The girls in my car all decided that we wanted to go to the beach. Even though it was July, the water was FREEZING and so it was just me and Janel that got into the water.


We were having a blast in the waves and were attempting to boogie board. A wave washed over me and I felt this stinging on my left arm and I looked down just in time to see a jellyfish come unwrapped from my arm. My arm immediately started hurting and so I hollered to Janel and we hustled out of the water. We ran back to the girls from our car and begged for someone who had to pee. Of course, no one had to, and Janel had just peed in the ocean J (You’re welcome Janel). Anyway, we couldn’t find anybody and so I think Janel offered to try to pee on my arm even though she just went. We were running across the sand to the bathrooms, which p.s. were locked, and we ran into Jessie and she was like “Ya sure, I’ll pee on you. I can just do it behind a car.”

My arm was starting to hurt/sting/tingle pretty bad by now. I can’t remember exactly how it happened, but one of the Mexicans selling stuff along the beach heard about my dilemma and offered some of the vinegar from his pickles or something. So the story ends with me not having to be peed on. But thanks to all those who were willing to help out a friend!

3 comments:

Jon said...

Hey, I tagged you in my blog--http://r-is-for-rocket.blogspot.com/2008/11/tagged.html

Marissa said...

TAG! You're it! http://directedwandering.blogspot.com/2008/11/siete-syv-sieben-by-cim-sept.html

LOVE YOU!

And apparently... I'm not the only one playing the game..

Also - I am still wearing black and mourning Saturday... only North and South can take me out of this... how are you holding up?

Fernando said...

That's hilarious (about the pee). As for the tagging game, give it a rest, please. I don't see how people find it so exciting.